Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: In pursuit of 288 Diaphragms....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ashareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi all,
    this is my first post here.
    I own a pair of 288-16K's (great drivers, mounted on 311-60 horns) and I'm using them with a pair of diaphragms which are not mine.
    I'd like to find a pair of new #23834 diaphragms for me, but I don't know where I can buy them and at what price....
    I tried to contact Bill at GPA but had no response. forums
    Any ideas?
    Thank you all in advance!
    Best regards,
    Enrico.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Bill was out for the Christmas holidays, but he is back now....

    Did you leave a message with his answering machine or an e-mail? I know for a fact he's playing catch up...he's good to respond, so I am sure he's going to get to you.

    Try e-mailing him again, or call him....

    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster

    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ashareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First of all, I have to thank you for the useful replies: I'll try to contact Bill as soon as I can.
    Thank you again.
    Regards,
    Enrico.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AllanCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    What are those speakers in your Avatar?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mike Edwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I talked with Bill just yesterday about some 288-16H diaphragms so I know he's back in town. Give him a chance though, it sounded like he's really got his hands full. Also, he has other parts for Altec stuff, not just diaphragms, spring terminals, gaskets, that sort of thing. Seems like a good person to do business with too.

    -Mike Edwards

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ashareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those speakers are a pair of Tannoy HPD385 dual concentric.
    I own a pair of those forums

    Enrico

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AllanCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I like the way they look. forums

    Looks like a gold hammertone paint finish.

    Very nice. forums

    Hope they sound as good as they look. forums

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These are sometimes found on EBay.

    Jim N

    MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post originally conatined a link to an eBay auction for diaphragms purporting to be NOS Altec parts. While I am sure this fellow meant nothing more than to be of service to the person who originally asked the question, the link was removed.

    For a more detailed explanation of why this was done, see the discussion topic entitled, "Bogus Altec Parts", on this forum.

    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster

    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ January 13, 2003 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.